Thursday, May 12, 2011

S1E10 - As I watched Laney tear open a terry cloth baby bib with the same enthusiasm she once reserved for tearing off rock stars' pants, I couldn't help but wonder, was I next?

I love kids. I love kids so much that if you were to glance at my list of friends on Facebook, I could pass off as a pedophile.

Truth is, everyone I know is either on the path of marriage, engaged, marrying next weekend, married or having babies. It took me this long to write on this subject because I can't relate to having a baby. The closest I can say is having a dog.

And here is another piece of truth - not only is this subject foreign to me, I never could find the right words to describe how I feel about it. I could write an eight paragraph long article about my enthusiasm in having babies, or I could write another eight paragraphs about being a pseudo feminist career woman who doesn't want or need babies.

But, I believe that I'm already a great mother for not wanting to bring kids into this world with the wrong man.

No comments:

Post a Comment